I love jalapeno poppers! My favourite are healthy ones and Wonton Jalapeno Poppers fit the bill. I used to love the breaded version from M&M, but they changed the recipe and then it just wasn’t worth the calories. Have you ever gotten a treat you were willing to spurge the calories (or weight watcher points) on, but then took a bite and realized it didn’t taste as good as it looked? Then it is totally not worth eating. I adapted this recipe and found one I fell in love with. I hope you love these Wonton jalapeno poppers as much as I do!
How to assemble
What you need
- Wonton wrappers
- Cream cheese (I prefer light)
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey jack, whichever)
- Minced Jalapeno pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Grab a bowl of water, pastry brush, dumpling press (if you have, if not a fork).
- In each wonton wrapper put a small spoon of cream cheese, a pinch or two of shredded cheese, and a few of the minced jalapeno, more if you like it spicier.
- To close it you have two options, use the brush and put water around the outside of the wonton, use the dumpling press to close it, or you can seal it with your fingers or by pressing a fork.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 11 minutes, give or take depending on your baking sheet and oven. Don't let them over cook too much or all the cheese will explode out, but you want it as close to golden brown as possible.
Try this easy and healthier version of #jalapenopoppers Click To Tweet
Where is your favourite place to get Jalapeno Poppers? What are your favourite ingredients to have inside?