With Valentine’s Day coming up my daughter is asking to do a lot of heart crafts, being a toddler we have to be creative to find ones she can be involved in.
She loves hand print things so we decided to use hand prints as the focal point of a heart wreath for valentine’s day.
- Construction paper in red, white, and pink.
- A piece of cardboard cut into a heart.
- Paint (we chose purple).
- Glue, scissors, pencil, paint brushes.
- I started off by tracing their hand prints onto a sheet of construction paper.
- I layered all three together to cut so I only had to do it once.
- While I was cutting I had Bee paint the heart her colour of choice, which was purple.
- I had to let the heart dry first before we could assemble so we finished it the next day.
- We glued around the outside of the heart and placed our hand prints around the edge.
- We decided to put a heart decoration in the center, but that is optional.
- We taped a piece of ribbon on the back to hang it with.
Voila! A cute heart print craft to festively hang for the season of love!Toddlers love #handprint crafts, you should make this #ValentinesDay Heart Wreath with your… Click To Tweet
This is part of the Kid Craft Challenge, the theme was Hearts, check out some of the other great crafts below.
Washi Tape Heart by The Resourceful Mama
Crepe Paper Heart by My Bored Toddler
Heart Handprint Keepsake by CraftCreateCalm
St. Valentine Paper Puppet (printable pattern & tutorial) by Maria Magdalena Living Ideas
Heart Suncatcher by Raising Little Superheroes
Valentine’s Day Heart Wreath by Raising Fairies and Knights
Valentine’s Day Advent Calendar For Kids by Play Dough & Popsicles
Valentine Luminary by The Gingerbread House
Valentine Paper Lanterns by Kidz Activities
Valentine’s Day Playdough with a free printable by Crafty Mama in ME