I was so excited to try my own version of this DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath. I love Fall, it’s my favourite season, I cannot wait to decorate for the next season as soon as school starts. My daughter is a big glitter fan (what four-year-old is not right?!?!) so she is always looking for glitter crafts to do with me. This was a great compromise!
I hit up the Dollarama for some supplies and then came home to craft it up! I suggest you check out your local Dollarstore for your favourite Fall items.
- Dollar Store wreath- I found a wooden/wicker one
- Leaves – real or fake from the Dollar Store
- Red glitter (or yellow, orange, or brown, any leaf colour really)
- Mod Podge & paint brush
- Glue gun & stick
How to Assemble:
- I heated up the glue gun and my kids helped me pick leaves (I alternated colours). They handed me each colour and I used the glue gun to stick it on, they helped press it down.
- Working around the wreath I glued all the leaves on until it was completely covered.
- Now for the fun part using Mod Podge (or even regular white glue) the kids painted it on the leaves then sprinkled it with red glitter. They loved this part!
- You can thread a ribbon through the top to hang it. Or lean it on your fireplace.
I put it on my front walk leaning against a bale of hay for some pretty Fall decorations. Just in time for the Autumn Equinox!!
What are your favourite Fall items to decorate your house with?