This month’s craft for the Monthly Crafting Book Club is How Do Dinosaurs… Clothes Peg Dinosaur craft. Have you ever read the book series How Do Dinosaurs…… by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague? It’s a really fun series. They cover a bunch of different topics How Do Dinosaurs Go To School, How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs, How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colours, How Do Dinosaurs Clean Their Rooms, etc. Tons of books to cover almost anything. It’s a really fun series as it is a great learning tool. It starts off with naughty dinosaurs doing the wrong thing, but usually funny. Then it continues on to show how to do things the nice way. A great and whimsical way to teach kids right or wrong in certain situations and a big hit with my kids and sister!
If you haven’t been following the Monthly Crafting Book Club you should! Every month we focus on a different book, series, or theme geared towards kids. A group of bloggers all contribute fun crafts or activities towards the theme to help you connect with your kids and help encourage their love of reading! I chose to do How Do Dinosaurs… Clothes Peg Dinosaur craft.
- Fun Foam (not a lot) in varying colours
- Clothes peg for each participant
- A googly eye for each dinosaur
- Glitter glue
- Glue gun, scissors, and markers
- How Do Dinosaurs … Book by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
How to assemble:
- Have kids colour one side (the outside edges) of a clothes peg while you roughly sketch out the top of a dinosaur head, and the mouth section (two separate sections) on fun foam and cut them out.
- Next, distract kids and have them choose what colour glitter glue they want while you use the hot glue gun to glue the top and bottom of the face onto each clothes peg. Add on a googly eye (if they are antsy and hovering I get them to point to where they want me to place it) and add on a dot at the end of the mouth for a snout.
- Give the new dinosaur to the kids to saturate, I mean decorate, with glitter glue.
- Let it dry for a few hours, or days depending on how much glitter glue they used.
- Then VOILA, it’s ready to be played with!
Monthly Crafting Book Club
Monthly Crafting Book Club for April
Interested in joining us next month? Join the Facebook group for updates HERE and feel free to participate whenever you can.
Next month we are doing The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, any books you would like to see us do? Let me know in the comments below.
Did you miss some posts from last year?
January – Barnyard Dance
February – If You Give A Moose A Muffin
March – ABC’s
April – Piggy in the Puddle
May – Five Little Monkeys
June – A Camping-related book
August – A Back to School-related book
September – It’s Pumpkin Day Mouse
October – Have You Seen My Monster
November – Georgie the Gingerbread Fairy Wand Craft
December – Winter Theme Book
January –Ladybug Girl Wings
February – Giraffe’s Can’t Dance Craft
#monthlycraftingbookclub for March is #Howdodinosaurs come see the awesome crafts!… Click To Tweet