Do you love camping? We LOVE to read camping books in the summer, actually all year long. Something fun to make alongside reading the book is a fun S’Mores Craft. S’Mores is the epitome of summer to us. Roasting marshmallows on the campfire is one of the best parts of camping. My kids love doing this every summer and reading camping books starts to get everyone excited for upcoming camping trips.
- Glue gun, paint brushes, something to put the paint in
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paint: brown, white, & yellow
- Googly eyes
- Gem (or something else for a nose)
- Glitter glue
How to Assemble
- Firstly, paint the Popsicle sticks. Make sure you have four sticks per each kid. Paint two of them yellow, one each brown and white. Let them dry.
- Next have an adult use the glue gun to glue the Popsicle sticks together. The yellows are the cookies on the end, the brown is the chocolate in the middle and the white is the marshmallow for the middle.
- Glue the google eyes and gem stones on wherever your child directs you to.
- Using the glitter glue make a smile for your S’more Craft dude.
- Optional: add magnets on the back to put him on the fridge. Or add a string to hang it up.
What would you do with your S’More Craft?
Have you heard of the Monthly Crafting Book Challenge yet? Every month we have a book, author, or theme and come up with a craft to accompany the book. The hope is when we combine a fun book with a craft it makes children more excited to read and brings the book to life.Get ready for a #summer of #camping with some #campingbook related #crafts Click To Tweet
Check out what the other bloggers have come up with below:
Have you seen the other Monthly Crafting Book Club Challenge books we covered this year?
January –Ladybug Girl Wings
February – Giraffe’s Can’t Dance Craft
March – How do Dinosaurs
April – The Hungry Caterpillar
May – Camping Themed
If you like Camping make sure you check out some of my other Camping related posts below: