With Remembrance Day today, or Memorial Day for the American readers , I thought we should do a craft to remember our veterans. This tissue paper poppy craft is super easy to do with little ones to open an age-appropriate discussion about veterans and Remembrance Day.We wear poppy's to remember those who have fought for us Click To Tweet
We wear poppy’s to remember the sacrifice people have made for us in protecting our country.
- Construction paper
- Red tissue paper
- A large black pom pom
- Green pipe cleaner
- White glue, scissors, paint brush
- Cut out the red tissue paper in the shapes of flower petals (or as close as you can get it).
- Get toddler to help paint the glue on the paper and help them place the tissue paper petals in the shape of a poppy.
- Glue the black pom pom in the center.
- Glue the green pipe cleaner at the bottom for a stem.
Enjoy making your own field of poppy’s. I tried to explain in an age-appropriate manner to my daughter why we were making poppies. It is important for them to know, even if only in small doses.