This month’s challenge in the Monthly Crafting Book Club in celebration of Dr. Seuss’s birthday last month is his ABC book. I must admit, I am not a big Dr. Seuss fan, but I can see why so many kids love the silly lines and fun pictures, my kids included! We haven’t done any hand print crafts in awhile so decided to focus on the letter “T” ten tired turtles on a tuttle-tuttle tree.
- Canvas of some sort (or even paper)
- Paint – orange, yellow, green, brown
- A black sharpie
- Paint brushes and sponges
- Willing children
- I squirted orange and yellow over the canvas and used a moist sponge to spread it out everywhere.
- After allowing the paint to dry, I painted my daughters hand and arm brown and had her place them gently on the canvas to be the tree, then we did a few more hand print branches, re-painting brown in between.
- I let it dry then had her dip a finger in green paint and do 10 finger prints wherever she wanted (she loved this part).
- I washed her hand well (she was nice and covered at this point).
- A day later when it was really dry I used a black sharpie to draw on the turtles tails, arms and legs. Then I wrote the Dr. Suess lyrics at the top of the canvass.
Ten Tired Turtles on a Tuttle-Tuttle Tree! Come check out our #monthlycraftingbookclub #craft. Click To Tweet
That’s it! It was really easy and perfect for any Dr. Seuss lover.
Please check out the other awesome crafts and activities from other bloggers below.
I participated in the #monthlycraftingbookclub challenge, ABC by Dr. Suess, come check it out. Click To Tweet
Please help promote the challenge and encourage other parents and kids to read and do literacy-related activities by pinning the image below and/or tweeting about this.
Don’t forget to see what we did for January and February
What is your favourite Dr. Seuss book? Please let me know in the comments below.