Welcome to the 2017 Ornament Exchange & Blog Hop! This year, there are 47 amazing bloggers participating in the exchange. The rules of the challenge were simple: be partnered with a fellow blogger, create a handmade ornament for $15 or under, create a tutorial, and ship the ornament off to a new home!
I was lucky enough to be paired up with the lovely Megan from C’Mon Get Crafty. If you like DIY and crafty stuff you have got to follow her on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for some great ideas! We are long distance mailing between countries but I will be posting my ornament when I get it.
Meet the 2017 Ornament Exchange Hosts
Pam · P.S. I Love You Crafts
Dried Citrus & Cinnamon Ornament
- Clear fillable ornament (I got mine from Micheals)
- Ribbon in your favourite colour, possibly two colours
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Citrus Fruit
- Use of your oven, knife and a baking sheet
- Glue gun and extra sticks
- Extra charms if desired
How to make:
Part One: Dry the Fruit
- First slice your fruits into thick slices. I did lemons, mandarin oranges, and limes.
- Preheat your oven to the lowest setting.
- Assemble your cut fruit on a baking sheet and bake for two hours, turn over, then back in for another three hours.
- I found it still needed to dry for a few days on my stove to be completely dry. I did not want them moist at all and attracting fruit flies or smelling, that would not go on a tree well.
Part Two: Assemble the Holiday Ornament
- I filled the ornament with the citrus fruit.
- Inserted a cinnamon stick. I was lucky that the sticks were short enough to fit inside the ornament without needing a trim.
- Take some pretty ribbon to use to hang the ornament.
- I made three different versions of the ornaments.
- One version was plain with just a pretty ribbon. The second one I used patterned ribbon to glue around the ornament. For a different third option I tied a ribbon around the cinnamon stick before inserting it inside.
FIND ALL 47 HANDMADE ORNAMENT TUTORIALS BELOW AND SHARE YOURS TOO! Use Hashtag #2017OrnamentExchange so we can see your creations on social media.